Where to start?
You are thinking about starting your own company. Congratulations on this. This is probably one of the greatest decisions you will make in your life, right after your wedding and your children.
Your own company is like a marriage. If you take good care of it, give it attention and love, it will give you a lot of joy and enrich your life. However, if you play with the idea that you will have a comfortable life, that you will be served and cared for, you will have little pleasure in it and in the worst case, she will take your house with her when she leaves.
There are many reasons why people want to start their own company:
|Success|| The desire to build something of your own and be your own boss.|
|Money|| The desire to improve the income situation.|
|Despair|| You have little chance on the job market, are exploited or do not get along with colleagues.|
|Convenience|| You find that you have to work too much in your job and are looking for a more comfortable way in life.|
If one of the first three points describes your situation; Hello and welcome to our website. If the last point describes your situation best, then try the website of an online casino. Luck sometimes helps, work always!
There are different ways to start a company:
- You have enough start-up capital to carry the investment for your company and are in the happy situation that your daily bread is also secured.
- You have a little seed money and your daily bread is also secured.
- You have no start-up capital and are dependent on your salary.
No matter which category you belong to, if you act correctly, your path to success will be marked. It you like we are more than happy to accompany you.
If you dare to do it alone, we would like to give you a list of points that are important from our experience.
20 points to success:
- From our experience, the safest way to start a company is by slow, natural growth. There is no reason not to run your company next to your job and / or from your home office. Avoid large investments in unknown areas.
- Often people play with the idea of becoming self-employed with a friend or colleague. Our tip: leave it, in the rarest cases it works. No matter how tempting it is that the responsibility is spread over several people, the revenue is too. Often everything falls apart when the company starts to generate income and both have to start over. Maybe a partnership but as legally independent companies is the better way to go.
- Be careful when you get unique offers. There is no guaranteed return of 35%, there is no one who will lend you $ 100,000.00 without a reason.
- Only count on the money that you have. Do not include shares or unsecured investments in your assets. Never expect money from outstanding bills that have not yet been paid.
- Never count on your bank. You will most likely not get any help.
- Which company form is the right one. Does it make sense to set up an LLC or INC?
- Find out whether you need a license for your business.
- Analyze the market. Is there a demand and what about competitors.
- Which fixed costs and which variable costs will you have to face? Don't forget the cost of rent, electricity, water, telephone, accountant, shipping and advertising. If you sell products over the Internet, keep in mind that the profit margin and competitive pressure are very high there. It can very easily happen that Google or Amazon earns better at your company than yourself.
- Question the meaning of services. Do you really need it or can you do it without their help? However, never underestimate the complexity of law, taxes or technology. As example, it makes more sense to invest a few hundred dollars in a professional website than to try it yourself for weeks and then run an amateur website that is neither found by the search engines nor can be operated on mobile devices.
- Question investments. Perhaps a well-kept used car for $ 2,000.00 would be more sensible than paying $ 350.00 a month in leasing installments for 4 years.
- Create a corporate identity. Invest in a simple logo and always use exactly the same colors, whether on the Internet, on flyers, business cards, invoices or on signs.
- Choose a company name and an Internet domain with which you can easily be found on the Internet.
- Connect your domain to search engines. A link to Facebook can be helpful for start-ups.
- Be easily accessible. A first contact that lands on your mailbox is usually a lost contact.
- Pay attention to a well-groomed and confident appearance. Avoid terms like "I try", "I could" or "I would". Better use “I will” or “I can”.
- Stand by your statements and your offers. Especially in the initial phase, you like to miscalculate. This must not lead to you not doing your part completely or inferior. Your customer trusted you, don't disappoint him.
- Work transparently. Inform the customer exactly about what he got. Write a detailed invoice that the customer can understand.
- Try to automate as much as possible to use your workforce as effectively as possible.
- When the day comes on which your company has employees, let them participate in the company's success
Hopefully we were able to confirm your decision and maybe we can also accompany you on your way to your independence.
CEO Van Rahl Consulting